The mission of the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is to promote healthy communities and provide the highest quality care to enhance the well-being of all Oklahomans.
Find communities with highest risk and greatest needs
Combining several related sources of data around the state to yield new insights:
- Prevalence of treatment and prevention services
- Incidents of overdoses and deaths
- Web, app, and search activity in different communities
Responding to the Opioid Epidemic with Analytics at Google Gov & Edu Summit 2021
Heath Hayes, Chief Communications Officer at ODMHSAS spoke at the Google Cloud Government and Education Summit about how they are using data and analytics to improve the state’s response to substance abuse.
“Syntasa and Google are helping us be more effective and efficient at reaching the people that need us most. They are helping us leverage our robust data systems to get more granular and more timely insights that we need to guide our decisions.”
– Heath Hayes, Chief Communications Officer
Behavioral Health Insights
Combining digital behavior and outcome data is the key. Bringing together:
- Interactions from digital platforms like websites, apps, and devices
- Outcomes from agency systems like prevention, treatment, and overdoses
- Engagements with digital outreach on video, social, and search channels yield greater insights into the needs of your community.
Quickly and easily ingest many different types of data (both structured and unstructured), including surveys, vaccination metrics, news, social media, and search.
The COVID pandemic is an urgent problem that requires quick action. Sytasa’s software and expertise enabled the project to deliver value within 6 weeks.
Intuitive visualizations and maps make insights easy for communicators to use and determine which campaigns and audiences will yield the best results in their community.
Applying Natural Language Processing algorithms measures sentiment and topic modeling techniques find patterns in conversations to see which narratives emerge.
The Syntasa software and all data is contained within a private cloud environment that is owned and governed by the customer